Have you been injured in an auto accident?
We can help. The Law Offices of Griffin Reynolds & Associates, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, represent people who have been injured, and the families of those who have been killed in car accidents. The law calls these kinds of cases “personal injury” and “wrongful death” cases.
What should I do if I'm in an auto accident?
*(Please print this printer friendly version and place a copy in all your family vehicles glove boxes so you will have this information in you car should you need it.)
Everyone should know what steps to take immediately following an accident to protect the lives, property, and legal rights of those involved. If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle or a pedestrian, take the following steps:
- Stop your car – Never leave the scene of an accident.
- If someone has been injured – Call a doctor or ambulance immediately.
- Notify the police – State law requires you to notify the police.
- Immediately identify other drivers and witnesses.
- Provide your identification, driver's license and vehicle registration to other drivers involved and obtain this information from them.
- Get the names and addresses of all witnesses, including passengers
- Don't discuss the accident with the other driver(s).
- Do not admit fault.
- Make notes about the accident details while they are fresh on your mind.
- Give your statement to the law enforcement officer – If a serious injury has occurred, consult an experienced attorney before making your statement.
- DO NOT make any statements to insurance company representatives. Comments made to the insurance adjuster could jeopardize your recovery.
- See your doctor – Some of the most serious injuries do not immediately result in pain.
- Get photographs of your injuries.
- Inform your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Consult an experienced personal injury attorney promptly.
- DO NOT sign anything without the advice of your attorney – Be cautious in dealing with people offering to adjust or settle your claim, or anyone seeking to hurry you into a settlement. When dealing with the other party’s insurance company remember they are paid to be nice but may not have your best interest at heart. Do not sign any sort of statement or release for information from your physician without the advice of your attorney.
If you're in an auto accident call an experienced personal injury law firm,
Griffin Reynolds & Associates
at 405-721-9500 for a Free Consultation.
Our attorneys have been handling Oklahoma auto accident cases for many years, and we can help you. If you’re in an accident, call us immediately for a free consultation.
Don’t Delay – find out your rights as soon as possible. Let us help you. Please contact us for a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.