Automobile accidents are one of the most common personal injury cases in Oklahoma. These car accidents can be caused by a variety of factors including distracted driving or even someone driving while under the influence. What doesn’t change is that you may be injured due to the negligence of someone else on the road. Regardless of the cause of the accident, the steps that follow are commonly the same and require urgent and speedy action. No matter the kind of auto accident in Oklahoma, you need legal representation to make sure that you are fairly compensated.
We can help. At the Law Offices of Griffin Reynolds & Associates, we represent Oklahoma residents who have been injured in accidents as well as the families and representatives of those killed during a crash.
If you or someone you care about was harmed or killed during an auto accident, contact us today at 405-721-9500 for a free consultation. We want to fight for you!
What Should I Do If I’m In An Auto Accident?
(Please print this printer friendly version and place a copy in all your family vehicles glove boxes so you will have this information in your car should you need it.)
Everyone should know what steps to take immediately following an accident. This knowledge can protect the lives, property, and legal rights of those involved and safeguard your legal rights. If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle or a pedestrian, you should take the following steps:
- Stop your car – Never leave the scene of a crash.
- If someone has been injured – Call 911 immediately to provide them the care they need.
- Notify the police – Oklahoma State law requires you notify the police following an accident, and a police report can be a vital piece of evidence in your case.
- Immediately identify other drivers and witnesses.
- Provide your identification, driver’s license and insurance verification to other drivers involved and obtain this information from them.
- Get the names and addresses of all witnesses, including passengers and bystanders
- Don’t discuss the accident with the other driver(s).
- Do not admit fault – This includes apologizing for the accident
- Take notes about the details of the crash while they are fresh in your mind.
- Give your statement to the law enforcement officer – If a serious injury has occurred, consult an experienced attorney before making your statement.
- DO NOT make any statements to insurance company representatives including your own – Comments made to the insurance adjuster could jeopardize your claim and recovery.
- See your doctor – Some of the most serious injuries do not immediately result in pain and can take months to surface if a doctor is not consulted.
- Take photographs of your injuries as well as the damage done to ALL vehicles involved in the crash.
- Inform your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Consult an experienced personal injury attorney.
- DO NOT sign anything without the advice of your attorney – Be cautious in dealing with people offering to adjust or settle your claim or anyone seeking to hurry you into a settlement. When dealing with the other party’s insurance companies remember they are paid to be nice but do not have your best interest at heart. Do not sign any statement or release for information from your physician without the advice of your attorney.
Contacting an Oklahoma Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are scary and possibly life-altering experiences. If you or a loved one was injured or killed during an auto accident, do not hesitate to seek legal representation immediately!
At the Law Offices of Griffin Reynolds & Associates, our attorneys have 40 years of combined experience fighting for the citizens of Oklahoma. After an accident, your focus should be on recovery and getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible. Our lawyers use their knowledge and resources to ensure that you are given the maximum amount of compensation that you’re entitled to.
If you’ve been in an auto accident, you deserve the best Oklahoma lawyers available. Call the experienced personal injury law firm of Griffin Reynolds & Associates at 405-721-9500 for a Free Consultation.
Our attorneys have handled countless Oklahoma auto accident cases and secured the maximum recoveries possible for our clients. We can help you and provide you the support you need to return to your life.
Don’t delay. The longer you wait, the harder it is to pursue your case and the more difficult it is to secure your rightful compensation. Our team is ready to discuss the specifics of your case and be there for you during this difficult time.